Thursday, March 29, 2007

Photos from Tennessee's house

Tonight there was a party at the former residence of TW, now owned by Dr. Brobson Lutz. It was one of those French Quarter places that's very modest from the street, and opens up to country-club expanses inside: courtyard after courtyard. Lots of local folks and visitors there, and if I took your picture tonight and it's not here, you should be thanking me instead of cursing me; the gods of Olympus and Nikon were not with me, and I took a cameraful of remarkably crappy snaps of not-bad-looking people. That said, this was the best of the bunch:


Paul Willis, executive director of the Festival, with Errol Laborde, editor of New Orleans magazine. Errol's wife Peggy Scott Laborde, the fest's VP of development, was there as well, but I didn't get her picture. New Orleans' professional photographers have nothing to fear from my digital cam from Target.





A not-so-good picture of Josh Clark, editor of Louisiana in Words, a new "flash" anthology of stories that encapsulate one minute each of life in Louisiana.









David Cuthbert, theater critic of The Times-Picayune, with Jeremy Lawrence, who plays Tennessee Williams.





New York visitor Travis Holder, enjoying himself and telling some really funny stories.










The lovely bartendrixes for the evening...I didn't get their names, but they were grace under pressure personified when it came to facing dozens of New Orleans social types who needed to get their liquor on. The whole staff for the party was remarkably patient, funny, and on the ball.

No comments: